BREAKING NEWS1 July 2020: The 2020 EB World Congress abstract book is now available to download from ActaDV!
Submitting abstracts for EB 2020*Applicants must be registered for the Congress
Display and timingsPosters will be displayed for the first three days of the conference and will also be accessible on the website from midnight on Sunday, 19 January 2020.
Submission opens: Saturday, 1 June 2019 (midnight UTC)
Submission closes: Monday, 30 September 2019 (midnight UTC)
Abstracts reviewed: Tuesday, 1 October 1 - Sunday, 10 November 2019
Authors informed: Monday, 11 November 2019
Late-breakingSubmission opens: Friday, 1 November 2019 (midnight UTC)
Submission closes: Friday, 8 November 2019 (midnight UTC)
Abstracts reviewed: TBD
Authors informed: TBD
Review processAll abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by members of the Scientific Committee and Chairs. The review will be based on originality, scientific quality, and contribution to furthering understanding in EB. Resubmissions of denied abstracts are not allowed.
Oral presentationsAll abstracts are submitted for posters. Some authors may be asked if they will agree to give a short oral presentation during the main Congress. In this event, up to six slides will be allowed.
Abstract format and content
Requirements for submission
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- To ensure review anonymity, no identifying features such as names of hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or text of the abstract. Do not include the names of authors. Names and affiliations (institutions) will be registered separately when submitting the abstract online.
- The material in the abstract must be original and not previously published.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Abbreviations must not be used in the title. The title should not be written entirely in capital letters.
- The size of the abstract is limited to 400 words, excluding spaces and pictures/tables.
- Structure your abstract using the following subheadings:
- Introduction & objectives (a sentence describing the purpose)
- Materials & methods (describe selection of observations or experimental subjects)
- Results (the results in a logical sequence)
- Conclusions (emphasise new and important aspects and conclusions)
- If your abstract describes a case report, insert the whole text under the “results” section.
- Check spelling and grammar. Direct reproduction from your electronically submitted abstract text means that any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will be reproduced as submitted.
- Use generic names. The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks are strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation.
- No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included.
Rules for presenters
Patient privacy and clinical photographyPhotographs should at all times protect the privacy and identity of the subject. Eyes should be blacked out. The source of the photographs must also be declared if not the property of the presenter.
Conflict of interestA signed Declaration of Conflict of Interest form will be required from all presenters. It should include:
- Paid work by commercial organisations either directly or indirectly through an intermediary.
- Receipt / ownership of shares in commercial companies.
- Reimbursement of travelling, accommodation and hospitality expenses from commercial organisations.
Copyright and publication of abstractsSubmission of an abstract implies that it has been approved by all listed authors. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final decision concerning the form of presentation. As part of the submission, the author grants EB 2020 the exclusive right to first publish the abstract and thereafter a right to display the abstract on the EB 2020 website and mobile app (unless informed otherwise at the time of submission). The author will retain copyright of his or her abstract, including the pertaining moral rights. However, the author shall only reuse, reproduce or post the abstract with acknowledgment to the initial and first publication or presentation at EB 2020 and therefore reference the name of the EB 2020 event and the date. Authors of accepted abstracts agree to inclusion in a congress supplement to a scientific journal (yet to be determined). Errors will not be amended by the organisers. After the deadline date of Monday September 30th 2019, it will no longer be possible to change or update an abstract.
Submit your abstract
The normal and late-breaking abstract submission deadlines have now passed. For all queries related to abstracts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful entries only - poster preparation
Information has been provided to successful entries.